This filling and flavorful soup combines three different kinds of beans to create a protein-packed meal that’s perfect for chilly days. Made in the Instant Pot, it’s easy to throw together and can be customized with your favorite seasonings.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- High in protein: The combination of three types of beans provides plenty of plant-based protein.
- Filling and satisfying: This soup is hearty enough to stand on its own as a meal.
- Easy to make: With the help of an Instant Pot, this soup comes together quickly and easily.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Salt & pepper to taste
How To Make This recipe:
- Set your Instant Pot to the sauté function. Add the olive oil and onion; sauté for about five minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add garlic; continue cooking for another minute.
- Pour in the vegetable broth followed by the tomatoes (with juice), black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas along with salt & pepper seasoning.
4.Close lid properly; Pressurize at high temperature setting cook time -35 minutes then quick release pressure naturally afterwards.
35 minutes under high-pressure settings .
Here are some pro-tips from our editors that will help you make this Three Bean Soup even better:
- Feel free to use any type of beans you like in this recipe. Cannelini, navy, or pinto beans would all work well. - Adding some cumin or smoked paprika to the soup will give it a nice smoky flavor. - For added nutrition, try adding some chopped kale or spinach to the soup just before serving.
The salt and pepper seasoning is typically enough for this recipe’s straightforward simplicity, but if you like an extra kick of flavor; here are some additional seasoning options:
- Smoked paprika
- Ground cumin
- Red pepper flakes
- Dried parsley
Here are a few tips that will help ensure your Instant Pot Three Bean Soup comes out perfectly:
- Be sure to rinse the canned beans thoroughly before using them in the soup - Using vegetable broth instead of water adds more depth and flavor to this dish - Letting the pressure release naturally at the end will add richness to your overall taste
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe:
Making Instant Pot Three Bean Soup requires very minimal tools making it a breeze. Here’s what we recommend:
- An Instant Pot (should be 6-quart size)
- A sharp knife for dicing onions and garlic
To sum up,
This easy-to-make bean soup is hearty, protein-packed meal perfect for chilly days. It utilizes three different kinds of legumes which make it filling whilst being suitable for vegetarians and vegans alike . The addition of its respective spices is also customizable should one want something with particular distinct flavors.The best part? You can cook everything right in your instant pot!
Here are three popular FAQs with answers for the Instant Pot Three Bean Soup recipe:
Q1. Can I use dried beans instead of canned beans in this recipe?
A1. Yes, you can use dried beans in this recipe. However, you will need to soak them overnight before cooking and adjust the cooking time accordingly. Use 1 cup of dried beans for every 3 cups of water or broth.
Q2. Can I freeze leftover soup?
A2. Yes, you can freeze leftover soup for up to 3 months in an airtight container or freezer bag. Thaw the soup overnight in the refrigerator before reheating on the stovetop or microwave.
Q3. How do I make this soup less spicy?
A3. If you find that the chili powder and cayenne pepper make the soup too spicy, you can reduce or omit those spices altogether and add more paprika or other mild spices such as cumin or coriander to adjust the flavor. Additionally, serving with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt will help balance out spiciness if desired