If you’re looking for some incredible vegetarian recipes that are both wholesome and delicious, look no further than these Ottolenghi-inspired dishes. Yotam Ottolenghi is a well-known chef, cookbook author, and restauranteur who has gained fame for his bold flavors and innovative approach to plant-based cooking. Here are some of the most amazing vegetarian Ottolenghi recipes that you can try at home:
Recipe: Harissa-marinated Tofu with Broccoli and Soba Noodles
- 350g extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup harissa paste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- A thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil (or other neutral-flavored oil)
- Broccoli florets (about 500g)
-Medium egg noodles or soba noodles (250g)
- Cut the tofu into small cubes and season lightly with salt.
- In a bowl, mix together the harissa paste, tomato paste, lemon juice garlic cloves ,ginger ,oil,and an additional pinch of salt until well combined.
- Add in your cubed tofu then toss it to coat thoroughly，let it marinate for about one hour or more if time allows.
4.Preheat oven to the highest temperature setting (~220°C). Arrange broccoli loosely on roasting tray making sure they do not overlap then roast in preheated high temp alongside tofu but under broiler until slightly blackened around edges ~18 minutes or so。
5.Cook your egg noodles/soba as per package instructions until al dente drain them once cooked through .
6.Add your roasted broccoli to the pot of cooked broth cook over medium heat while stirring to combine everything together then divide this mixture among plates.
- Top with the marinated tofu cubes and serve hot.
Cooking Time & Temperature:
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Marination time: 1 hour or more (optional)
- Roasting/broiling time: ~18 minutes
- If you don’t have harissa paste on hand, you can substitute it with another spicy sauce that you enjoy (such as sriracha or gochujang).
- For added crunch, try sprinkling some toasted sesame seeds over the finished dish before serving.
- You can adjust the amount of harissa according to your spice preference. Add more if you prefer a spicier taste.
- Garnish with fresh herbs like coriander leaves/parsley
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
- Roasting tray
- Mixing bowl
‐ Large Pot
To sum up, this recipe is all about bold flavors and textures, using a combination of spicy Harissa paste alongside tender tofu cubes , roasted broccoli florets,,all coated in tangy marinade.The soba noodles provide a comforting base for these tasty elements while also adding some healthy carbohydrates.It’s a perfect dish for anyone looking for an indulgent vegetarian meal bursting with flavor!
Here are three popular FAQs with answers for “Incredible Vegetarian Ottolenghi Recipes for Delicious Plant-Based Meals:”
Q: Who is Ottolenghi, and why are his vegetarian recipes popular?
A: Yotam Ottolenghi is a renowned Israeli-British chef, restaurateur, and recipe book author who has gained worldwide popularity for his innovative approach to vegetarian cuisine. His recipes combine bold flavors, fresh ingredients, and creative techniques that inspire home cooks to elevate their plant-based cooking game.
Q: Are Ottolenghi’s recipes difficult to prepare?
A: While some of the recipes may have longer lists of ingredients or more involved preparation steps than others, they are generally accessible to home cooks with varying degrees of experience in the kitchen. Many of the dishes can be prepared ahead of time or require minimal active cooking time. Additionally, the results are often incredibly flavorful and visually stunning.
Q: I’m not a vegetarian – can I still enjoy these recipes?
A: Absolutely! One of the strengths of Ottolenghi’s vegetarian cooking is its versatility and appeal to a wide range of palates. The dishes highlight vegetables in creative ways that showcase their unique textures and flavors while incorporating spices, herbs, and other seasonings from around the world. Even meat-eaters will find themselves satisfied by these deliciously satisfying plant-based meals