If you’re looking for a delicious and satisfying meal that’s also healthy, this Hearty and Healthy Cannellini Bean Soup is just what you need. Packed with protein and fiber, this vegetarian soup will keep you full and satisfied for hours.
- 3 cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 cups of vegetable broth or water
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add in celery and carrot; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic; continue cooking for another minute or so until fragrant.
- Pour in vegetable broth (or water), bay leaves, cannellini beans (drained & rinsed), salt & pepper
- Stir everything together then bring the soup to boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat to low-medium once it starts boiling-we recommend bringing it down simmering state which keeps flavors slow cooking through out!
- Let everything simmer uncovered for about an hour-the longer its cooked at simering temperature more thiner consistency would be achieved!
8.Rmove Bay leaf before serving
About an hour (simmering)
1.Canned Beans vs Dried:
If using dry beans instead of canned ones instead soak them overnight prior to cooking,to shorten your preparation,
consider making your cannelli bean soup recipe using pre-soaked dry beans(can take around one hout)
Canned Beans: Make sure they are completely drained,rinse them throughly to remove unwanted saltiness
2. Add Greens: Feel free to add any greens like kale, spinach or even cabbage towards the end of cooking time to increase more micronutrients.
3. Leftovers:This hearty soup is perfect for making ahead and reheating throughout the week!
- Red pepper flakes (for a little heat)
- Italian seasoning blend
- Fresh herbs such as thyme or rosemary
- Large pot or Dutch oven
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Cup
To sum up, this Hearty and Healthy Cannellini Bean Soup is easy to make,tastes delicious, and is packed with nutrients that will keep you full and satisfied for hours!
Sure! Here are three popular FAQs with answers for “Hearty and Healthy Cannellini Bean Soup – Perfect for Vegetarians!”:
Q: Can I use dried beans instead of canned ones?
A: Yes, you can. Soak the dried beans overnight and then cook them in boiling water until tender before adding them to the soup.
Q: Can I freeze this soup?
A: Absolutely, this soup freezes very well. Allow it to cool completely before transferring it to freezer-safe containers or zip-top bags. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Q: What can I serve with this soup?
A: This hearty cannellini bean soup pairs well with a crusty bread, salad, or grilled vegetables. You can also top it off with grated Parmesan cheese or fresh herbs like basil, parsley or cilantro to enhance its flavor further.
I hope these answers help clarify any questions about the recipe!