First Paragraph Summary
This recipe for Enchilada-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes is a flavourful, hearty, and easy-to-make vegetarian dinner option. The sweet potatoes are baked until soft and then stuffed with a spicy black bean filling that’s topped with enchilada sauce, cheese (or vegan cheese), and optional extras like avocado or cilantro.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a great way to use up leftover sweet potatoes
- It’s packed with healthy plant-based protein from the black beans
- It’s versatile – you can add your favourite veggies or toppings
- Large sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Canned black beans
- Onion & garlic
- Ground cumin & coriander
- Smoked paprika & chili powder
- Canned tomatoes & enchilada sauce
- Cheese (or vegan cheese)
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Wash the sweet potatoes well, prick them all over with a fork, rub them in olive oil and salt.
- Bake the sweet potatoes directly on the oven rack for about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile sauté onions until they become translucent then add minced garlic followed by ground cumin, coriander smoked paprika,chili powder , canned tomatoes ,salt and pepper.
- Once everything is heated through add drained black beans into it let simmer for few more minutes.
6.. Remove cooked sweet potato from oven then cut open lengthwise to make space to stuff in mixture of onion,tomato spices etc..
7.. Spoon filling mixture over top of each half of baked sweet potato before pouring finally topping it up generously with enchilada sauce .
8.. Then sprinkle grated cheese on top if desired return this to oven for another 5-10 min or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C
- Bake sweet potatoes for about 45 minutes
- For a slightly crispy texture toss sweet potato in cornflour before adding oil and salt.
- If you’re short on time, prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, coat with olive oil then microwave them on high power for around 5 minute or until they become soft inside.
Add additional seasoning to taste such as more chili powder or smoked paprika.
- Choose evenly sized large sweet potatoes so that they cook evenly
- Make sure to remove any debris from canned black beans before using in recipe
- Adjust spice levels to personal preference
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe
To Sum Up:
This recipe teaches how easy it can be to make delicious vegetarian meals. The combination of baked sweet potatoes and spicy black bean filling makes it a hearty meal filled with plant-based protein which will satisfy your hunger while enticing your taste buds!
Q: Are the recipes on Cookie and Kate only vegetarian or can they be adapted for other diets?
A: The majority of the recipes on Cookie and Kate are vegetarian or vegan, but many can be easily adapted to fit different dietary needs such as gluten-free, dairy-free or nut-free. Each recipe includes notes on how to make ingredient substitutions if needed.
Q: Can I use frozen vegetables in the recipes?
A: In some cases, frozen vegetables can be used in place of fresh ones in the recipes depending on what is available during a particular season. Frozen vegetables also work well in stews, soups, curries or roasted dishes that require longer cooking times.
Q: How long does it take to prepare these healthy dinners?
A: The preparation time of each recipe varies based upon its complexity; however, most of the easy dinner recipes featured on Cookie and Kate should take less than 45 minutes from start to finish. Additionally, many meals can be prepped ahead of time which makes weeknight cooking even easier!