Looking for a quick and easy vegetarian meal that requires minimal cleanup? Look no further than these tasty and filling one-pot dishes, made in a trusty Dutch oven.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed tomatoes (optional)
- Vegetable broth or water
Directions or Preparation Instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic to the pot. Sauté until fragrant.
- Stir in smoked paprika and ground cumin.
- Add the diced red bell pepper to the pot; cook until softened.
- Drain canned black beans & chickpeas before adding them to the pot; stir thoroughly with cooked spices..
- Pour vegetable broth or water into your dutch oven so everything is just covered – this will make sure you get good flavour without having TOO much liquid at any point during cooking!
7.Finally reduce heat then cover tightly with lid.Bringing it up slowly but steadily to temperature let it simmer gently for about half an hour while being stirred every now-and again.
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines
Cook on Medium/High flame until boiling occurs then lower heat down to simmer lightly on Low/Medium-Low heat temperature setting for around thirty minutes making sure nothing burns.
- If you have leftover veggies that are about ready-to-bite-the-dust – throw ’em all in! This dish thrives on mix-and-match action where you can literally use any ingredient that is about to go bad or is just sitting in the fridge.
- Adding a little bit of crushed tomatoes can give your dish more depth and flavor than otherwise.
- If the dish becomes too dry, add some vegetable broth or water as needed.
Feel free to swap out smoked paprika with red pepper flakes or chipotle chili powder depending on your preference. Top with fresh herbs like cilantro, parsley or chives.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
A trusty Dutch oven is all you need for these one-pot wonders!
To Sum Up
This easy and delicious one-pot vegetarian meal requires minimal prep work and clean-up while still delivering big on taste. Perfect for Meatless Mondays, weeknight dinners, or anytime you want a satisfying meal without all the fuss!
Here are three popular FAQs about “Easy One-Pot Vegetarian Meals: Dutch Oven Delights” with their answers:
Q1: What is a Dutch oven?
A1: A Dutch oven is a heavy-duty cooking pot made of cast iron, ceramic or enameled metal that can be used on the stove and in the oven. The lid of a Dutch oven usually has a tight seal, which helps retain moisture and heat.
Q2: Can I make non-vegetarian meals in my Dutch oven?
A2: Yes, you can definitely make non-vegetarian meals in your Dutch oven. However, if you’re using an enameled cast iron or ceramic version, it’s important to keep acidic ingredients like tomatoes and vinegar at a minimum to prevent damage to the surface.
Q3: Can I use canned vegetables instead of fresh ones in these recipes?
A3: While fresh vegetables generally provide better flavor and texture than canned ones, you can certainly use canned vegetables as a substitute if needed. Just be sure to drain them well before adding them to the recipe and adjust any seasoning accordingly since they may already contain added salt. Additionally, some recipes may require specific vegetable textures that might not come through with canned veggies; for instance crisper bell peppers may work better than soft one from cans.