This vegetarian baked beans recipe is a perfect all-season dish that hits the right spot with its delicious flavors and effortless preparation. These beans are loaded with flavor and nutrients, making it an excellent addition to your diet.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a simple yet flavorful recipe that is easy to prepare.
- It’s hearty enough for a main course but also makes a great side dish.
- The combination of the various spices produces a rich and savory taste that will leave you wanting more.
- 4 cans of navy beans (15 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except salt and pepper, mix well until properly blended.
- Transfer the mixture into an ovenproof baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Add salt & pepper according to your taste preference.
- Cover tightly with foil paper or lid and bake for about one hour or until fully cooked through.
Cooking Time And Temperature Guidelines
Preheat oven at around 350℉ (180°C) degrees Fahrenheit in advance before starting prep work. Bake for approximately one hour or until fully cooked through.
For best results:
* Rinse canned navy beans thoroughly before use.
* If you prefer sweetness in your baked beans, add extra bacon bits or brown sugar while cooking; alternatively, if you like them less sweet then reduce your intake on molasses syrup accordingly.
Customize this recipe by experimenting with different seasonings ~~, such as:~~
– Add smoked paprika for smoky flavor and depth.
– Use cumin powder for a rich earthy taste that compliments well with the sweet syrup.
- Leftover beans can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to five days or frozen for up to six months.
- Add water if you prefer your baked beans less viscous, blending more liquid through every can of navy beans used.
- For vegan version, use vegan ketchup and maple syrup.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- An ovenproof baking dish or cast iron skillet
- A large bowl
To Sum Up:
This vegetarian baked bean recipe is simple yet loaded with flavor. It’s perfect as either a main meal or side dish. Customize it based on your preferences, experiment with seasonings while following proper instructions, easily store any leftovers using recommended storage options.
Here are three popular FAQs with answers for “Deliciously Simple: The Ultimate Vegetarian Baked Beans Recipe”:
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the vegetarian baked beans ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat on the stovetop or microwave until heated through.
Can I freeze leftover baked beans?
Yes, you can freeze leftover vegetarian baked beans in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months. To thaw, transfer the container or bag from the freezer to the refrigerator and let it thaw overnight before reheating on the stovetop or microwave.
How can I adjust the sweetness level of this recipe?
If you prefer your baked beans sweeter, you can increase the amount of brown sugar used in this recipe by adding an additional tablespoon (making it 4 tablespoons total) or adjusting according to your taste preference. Alternatively, if you would like less sweetness, reduce the amount of brown sugar accordingly.