The Delicious & Easy Vegetarian Indian Recipes by Sanjeev Kapoor is a flavorful and delicious recipe that can be made using basic pantry ingredients. This dish is perfect for vegetarians or anyone looking to explore the world of vegetarian cuisine. The dish has a spicy flavor and can be adapted using any vegetables you have on hand.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Full of flavor and spices
- Quick and easy to make
- Perfect meal option for vegetarians
- 2 cups of Basmati Rice, washed, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Salt as per taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil/coconut oil/ghee/clarified butter(if not vegan)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- Half a mace blade(optional)
- Half teaspoon shahi jeera/black cumin seeds
-Finely chopped coriander leaves
-Thinly sliced brown onions
How To Make This Recipe
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, mace blade(optional), black cumin seeds (shahi jeera).
- Once they start releasing aroma add the drained rice.
- Saute gently till it’s coated with the masala.
- Pour hot water into the cooker, ratio – twice the quantity of your rice.
- Let it come to boil then cover with lid & cook until one whistle goes off.
- Reduce heat completely; let it rest covered without opening vent till pressure inside eases out.(approx time =10 min)
8.Take some ghee/oil in another pan or kadhai put some sliced onions fry them on medium crop remove out when turned golden brown..
9.Once done fluff with the rice with fork and sprinkle fried onions and chopped coriander over.
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines
- Cook on medium flame for 1 whistle
- Let it rest covered without opening vent till pressure inside eases out.(approx time =10 min)
- To get perfectly fluffy, non-sticky basmati rice, follow the ratio of 1:2 (rice to water).
- Soak the washed Basmati Rice in water for approximately 30 minutes before cooking.
- Use a heavy-bottomed pan or cooker to avoid burning of rice from bottom side.
Add any vegetables like peas, carrot, corns etc after adding onion in step no.8.
Make sure that you let the pressure in your cooker release naturally after cooking your rice to ensure that it is fully cooked.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
A heavy bottom pan or cooker
The biggest takeaway from Delicious & Easy Vegetarian Indian Recipes by Sanjeev Kapoor is its simplicity – using only basic pantry ingredients resulting in an amazingly delicious vegetarian meal option.
Sure, here are three popular FAQs with answers for ‘Delicious & Easy Vegetarian Indian Recipes by Sanjeev Kapoor’.
Q: Are the recipes on Sanjeev Kapoor’s website suitable for beginners or inexperienced cooks?
A: Yes, many of the vegetarian Indian recipes featured on Sanjeev Kapoor’s website are designed to be simple and easy to follow. In fact, he has a section called “Quick Recipes” that includes dishes that can be made in 30 minutes or less. Additionally, his recipes usually come with step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to guide even novice cooks through the process.
Q: Can I find vegan options among the vegetarian Indian recipes on Sanjeev Kapoor’s website?
A: While not all of the vegetarian Indian recipes on Sanjeev Kapoor’s website are vegan-friendly (as some use dairy products like ghee, butter or paneer), there is still a good range of vegan options available too. Most of these dishes feature plant-based ingredients such as lentils, chickpeas and vegetables that can provide ample nutrition without relying on animal-derived ingredients.
Q: How authentic are the vegetarian Indian recipes featured on Sanjeev Kapoor’s website?
A: As one of India’s most famous chefs and cookbook authors, many of the vegetarian Indian recipes found on Sanjeev Kapoor’s website have been developed based on traditional cooking techniques and regional flavors from across India. However, it should also be noted that some adaptations may have been made to suit different tastes or dietary preferences – such as using less oil than what might typically be used in traditional preparations or incorporating modern twists into classic dishes – so while they may not always adhere strictly to specific regional traditions they definitely offer delicious results!