If you’re looking for a simple yet delicious vegetarian soup, this creamy avocado soup is perfect. It’s full of flavor and nutrients, making it a great option for lunch or dinner.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s super easy to make.
- The combination of avocado and coconut milk makes the soup extra creamy.
- The addition of lime juice gives the soup a nice tangy flavor.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
How To Make This recipe:
- Cut open the avocados, remove their pits and scoop out the flesh into a blender jar.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, minced garlic, lime juice to the blender jar and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a pot over medium heat until heated through or microwave on high heat for about three minutes stirring occasionally so that it doesn’t burn at any point in time.
- Season with salt & pepper according to your taste preferences.
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines:
Cooking time: About 15 minutes Total – Prep Time: Approximately Five Minutes
Tip: If using fresh ingredients instead of canned ones always remember that cooking time may vary slightly as there are added steps such as chopping and peeling necessary beforehand.
For best results when blending avocadoes start by removing its pit first before scooping out its meat onto your work surface then cut around one end with an incredibly sharp blade allowing for enough space between where both sides meet so that no part remains attached uncut; next use gentle pressure while pushing down slowly but steadily slicing away all remaining flesh off which provides maximum yield per fruit used!
- Add more lime juice for additional tanginess if desired.
- For a spicy variation, you can add chopped jalapeno pepper.
- If you like your soup chunky and not too thick, blend it less smooth.
- To store leftovers, keep the soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
A good quality blender is essential to make this Creamy Avocado Soup. I recommend having a high-speed blender so that it blends everything smoothly without leaving any chunks behind.
To sum up:
This creamy avocado soup is perfect for vegetarians looking for a delicious but easy-to-make meal option. The combination of avocados and coconut milk gives the soup its creaminess while added spices and broths give it flavor making it an all-around nutritious recipe worth trying out!
Here are 3 popular FAQs with answers for the “Creamy Avocado Soup Recipe Perfect for Vegetarians”:
Can I make this soup ahead of time and store it in the fridge?
Yes, you can definitely make this creamy avocado soup ahead of time! Simply allow the soup to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container and storing it in the refrigerator. It should keep for up to 3 days.
My soup turned brown after a few hours, is it still safe to eat?
Avocado can oxidize quickly when exposed to air, which can cause it to turn brown. While the discolored appearance may not look appetizing, the avocado is still safe to eat as long as there isn’t any mold or foul smell present.
Can I freeze this soup?
While you technically can freeze this creamy avocado soup recipe, we don’t recommend it due to its high content of fresh herbs and avocados that may become slimy or lose their flavor once defrosted. For best results, enjoy your leftovers within 2-3 days or adjust recipe measurements if needed accordingly so that you don’t have too much leftover at one go.