If you’re looking for an indulgent yet healthy breakfast treat, look no further than this recipe for Crazy Delicious Vegan Cinnamon Rolls! These cinnamon rolls are rich, gooey, and packed with warming spices. What’s more, they’re completely vegan and can be made with whole-grain flour for extra fiber.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Gooey and sweet cinnamon filling
- Soft and fluffy texture
- Can be made with whole-grain flour
Ingredient list of the recipe
For the dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or whole-grain flour)
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk (such as almond or soy)
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
For the filling:
- ¼ cup vegan butter or coconut oil at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
For cream cheese icing:
- half a stick of plant-based butter
- half a package of cream cheese alternative
- vanilla extract to taste
- powdered sugar to taste
How To Make This recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, add in your dry ingredients: all-purpose flour/whole wheat pastry four , active dry yeast，sugar，salt。mix until combined.
- Add in your non-dairy milk along with melted vegan butter or coconut oil;, stir together on low speed until it is well combined; if using hand-held mixer then gradually add the non-dairy milk while whisking continuously.
Knead the mixture by hand /with stand mixer briefly; Once kneaded until a ball forms, cover it with a clean towel and let it rest for 10 minutes.
While you are waiting for the dough to rise, prepare your filling by mixing together vegan butter or coconut oil with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll out your rested pizza dough into a large rectangle about 1/4 inch thick on top of parchment paper
- Spread the prepared cinnamon mixture over the surface of the rolled-out dough quite evenly; leave some space around edges – this can help prevent spilling when rolling
- Roll up gently along its length into log shape, starting at one end towards another end carefully using parchment paper helps
9.Cut your roll into pieces with a sharp knife or kitchen scissors – each piece should be roughly an inch wide
10.Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and puffy on top for 20-25 minutes.
Cooking time and temperature guidelines
Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and puffy on top for 20-25 minutes. An internal temperature test would show you that they’re done when their interior reaches about 200 degrees F.
- Use whole-grain flour to add extra fiber and protein to these rolls.
- Letting the dough rest after kneading is crucial because this allows yeast time to work its magic!
- If you don’t have non-dairy milk, any milk variety will do! The flavor might not be exactly what we want but it won’t affect how well these rolls turn out!
Feel free to experiment with different spices such as cardamom or nutmeg; Vanilla extract can also bring fragrance；or add nuts like pecans or walnuts!
Make sure cinnamon rolls are fully baked before removing them from the oven otherwise they could still be undercooked inside.
For cream cheese icing:
11.Mix half a stick of plant-based butter and half a package of cream cheese alternative in a bowl
12.Add vanilla extract to taste along with powdered sugar, whisk until well-blended
13.Once your cinnamon rolls are baked, slather on this sweet icing!
Recommended Tools to Make This Recipe
- Mixing bowl or stand mixer
- Rolling pin
- Baking dish
To sum Up:
With its fluffy texture and rich, warming spices like cinnamon， these crazy delicious vegan cinnamon rolls make the perfect indulgent breakfast treat that’s both healthy and satisfying. Plus, they’re completely vegan-friendly – what more could you ask for?
Sure! Here are three popular FAQs with answers for the recipe “Crazy Delicious Vegan Cinnamon Rolls”:
Q: Can I make these cinnamon rolls ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make these cinnamon rolls in advance. After rolling and cutting them into individual pieces, you can store them tightly covered in the refrigerator overnight or for up to 24 hours. In the morning, allow them to come to room temperature before baking so that they rise properly.
Q: Can I freeze these vegan cinnamon rolls?
A: Yes, you can freeze these vegan cinnamon rolls either before or after baking. To freeze unbaked rolls, cover them tightly with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil before placing them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag. Let the dough thaw completely at room temperature before baking as instructed in the recipe. For baked rolls, let them cool completely before freezing in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to three months.
Q: How do I know when the cinnamon buns are done baking?
A: The edges of the buns will be golden brown when they’re fully cooked – this should take about 20-25 minutes at 375°F (190°C). If you’re unsure if they’re done, insert a toothpick into the center of one roll – if it comes out clean without any raw dough stuck to it, your buns are ready! Keep an eye on your oven while they bake because cooking times may vary depending on your oven’s accuracy and other factors like humidity levels where you live.
I hope this helps!