This rich and creamy vegetarian soup is the perfect comfort food to warm you up during cooler months. The recipe features a flavorful broth made with savory herbs and vegetables, tender noodles, and protein-rich chickpeas all cooked in one pot.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Warm and cozy comfort food
- Quick and easy to prepare
- Packed with nutrients from veggies and legumes
- Dairy-free, vegan-friendly
- Olive oil
- Vegetable broth
- Eggless egg noodles
- Bay leaves
- Black pepper
How To Make This Recipe:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery & garlic & sauté until softened.
- Pour vegetable stock into the pan & add chickpeas to it.
- Add bay leaves & thyme before seasoning with salt & black pepper.
- Simmer at a low temperature for about 20 minutes or until all ingredients are cooked properly.
All of these steps will result in cooking this delicious soup perfectly!
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines:
Cooking time: approximately 30 minutes
Temperature: medium-low heat
My Pro-tips For Making This Delicious Soup!
1) Create variation in texture by adding additional chopped vegetables such as bell peppers or spinach to your soup bowl!
2) If you have leftover roasted vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower from Sunday meal prep then chop them carefully before including them into your souppot for an extra flavor boost!
3) Brighten up your overall soup flavour by squeezing some lemon juice into it.
Experiment with different spices such as cumin, smoked paprika, or rosemary to add an extra layer of flavor and further customize the recipe.
- Dice vegetables into small pieces for easier cooking.
- Stir regularly while simmering.
- Adjust heat as needed.
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe:
- Large pot
- Chopping board and knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
In summary, this vegetarian soup is a cozy and satisfying meal that can be customized with various veggies and spices to perfectly fit your taste preferences! The addition of protein-rich chickpeas makes it a filling meal option, while the eggless egg noodles provide a traditional noodle soup feel without animal ingredients.
Can I use regular noodles instead of eggless ones in this recipe?
Answer: Yes, you can definitely use any type of noodle you like instead of the eggless kind. Just keep in mind that if you are making this dish vegan, be sure to check that your chosen noodles do not contain any animal products such as eggs.
How can I make this soup gluten-free?
Answer: To make this recipe gluten-free, simply swap out the whole-wheat pasta for a gluten-free alternative such as brown rice noodles or quinoa noodles. Be sure to also check that your vegetable broth is certified gluten-free.
How long will leftovers last in the fridge?
Answer: This soup is great for meal prep and will keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You may need to add a bit of water or additional broth when reheating since some liquid may have been absorbed by the pasta during storage.
I hope these FAQs help!