If you’re looking for a refreshing appetizer that’s perfect for summer, these vegetarian cucumber appetizers are sure to impress. They’re easy to make, light and refreshing, and packed with flavor.
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a sharp knife or mandolin slicer, slice the cucumber into thin rounds.
- In a small bowl, mix together the hummus, feta cheese (if using), chopped sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Top each cucumber round with about one teaspoon of the hummus mixture.
- Garnish with extra sun-dried tomatoes or fresh herbs if desired.
Cooking time and temperature guidelines:
This recipe is served chilled and requires no cooking time.
- Use an English cucumber as they have less seeds than traditional cucumbers which will help keep your bites sturdy.
- If you don’t like feta cheese or want to keep it vegan try substituting it with olives!
You can use any spices/herbs you like best in this recipe; try adding garlic powder or paprika for extra flavor.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
A mandoline slicer is recommended but not necessary!
To sum up: These creative vegetarian bite-sized cucumbers offer plenty of crunch along with lots of texture from creamy tzatziki-inspired toppings full of savory flavors – making them perfect appetizer options for any occasions！
Here are 3 popular FAQs and answers for “Cool and Creative Vegetarian Cucumber Appetizers – Recipes Inside!”:
Q1. What is a good substitute for cream cheese in vegetarian cucumber appetizers?
A1: There are many alternatives to cream cheese that can be used in vegetarian cucumber appetizers, such as hummus, avocado spread or mashed chickpeas mixed with tahini, lemon juice and spices.
Q2: Can I prepare the recipes ahead of time?
A2: Yes, you can prepare some of the recipes ahead of time. For example, you can make the filling for stuffed cucumber cups several hours before serving them. However, it’s best to assemble any sliced or stuffed cucumbers just before serving to prevent them from becoming soggy.
Q3: How long do these cucumber appetizers keep in the fridge?
A3: The longevity of each recipe depends on its ingredients and how it is stored. Generally speaking, most vegetarian cucumber appetizers should be consumed within one or two days after preparing them to ensure freshness.