Delicious and Healthy Broccoli Soup Recipe
If you’re searching for a tasty and healthy broccoli soup recipe that’s perfect for vegetarians, your search is over! Look no further than this flavorful and easy-to-prepare recipe from AddM3.
- 6 cups of chopped broccoli
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: lemon wedges or croutons
- Take a large pot and add chopped broccoli, diced onion, and minced garlic.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let it cool slightly before blending until smooth using an immersion blender or regular blender (in batches as needed).
- Return blended soup to low heat on stovetop until warmed through.
- Add black pepper to taste along with any seasoning adjustments as desired.
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines:
Cooking time takes approximately half an hour depending upon your stove setting.
For even creamier version consider adding coconut milk or almond milk after simmering all ingredients together.
Here are some extra seasoning ideas for enhancing your Broccoli Soup recipes:
– For extra tanginess add fresh lemon juice just before serving
– Chopped parsley elevates flavor while giving dish added color contrast
– Sautee additional vegetables such as carrots beforehand if more nutrition needed
## Recommended Tools To Make The Recipe:
– A large pot for boiling vegetables,
– An immersion blender preferred but can also be done in regular blender,
– A ladle suitable for pouring soup.
This easy and delicious broccoli soup is the perfect vegetarian dish for a healthy, hearty meal. With simple ingredients and easy prep time, it’s sure to become a go-to recipe in your kitchen!
Q: Can I make broccoli soup without cream to keep it vegan?
A: Yes! Many broccoli soup recipes can be made vegan by leaving out the cream or substituting it with a non-dairy alternative like coconut milk, cashew cream or plant-based yogurt. You can still achieve a rich and creamy texture by blending the cooked broccoli with vegetable stock and adding spices and herbs for flavor.
Q: How do I thicken my broccoli soup if it’s too thin?
A: If your broccoli soup turns out too thin or watery, you can easily thicken it up using a few tricks. One option is to puree some of the cooked vegetables in a blender or using an immersion blender until smooth, then add back into the pot of soup. Another option is to whisk together cornstarch or flour with cold water until there are no lumps, then slowly stir the mixture into your simmering soup until desired thickness is achieved.
Q: How long does homemade broccoli soup last in the fridge?
A: Homemade broccoli soup will typically last 3-4 days in a sealed container in the refrigerator. To maximize freshness and shelf-life, store your leftover soups separately from any toppings like croutons or nuts that could get soggy over time. You may also freeze leftover soups for longer-term storage; just remember that freezing may alter texture slightly once thawed so test reheat before serving again.