Avocado is a versatile and nutritious fruit that can be incorporated into many different dishes, including those suitable for the keto diet. Here is a delicious avocado recipe that is both vegetarian-friendly and low-carb!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and place it in a medium bowl.
- Add the red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the avocado.
- Mash everything together with a fork until well combined but still slightly chunky.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Cooking Time & Temperature guidelines:
This recipe does not require any cooking time or temperature guidelines since it’s a no-cook dip.
- Make sure your avocados are fully ripe before attempting this recipe – if they’re too firm, they won’t mash properly.
- Use fresh lime juice instead of bottled for best results.
- If you want an even smoother texture, blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
To add some extra flavor to this recipe, try adding one (or more) of these optional ingredients:
* Minced garlic
* Diced jalapeno peppers
* Smoked paprika
Recommended Tools to Make This Recipe:
You will need:
* Medium mixing bowl
* Fork for mashing
* Sharp knife
* Cutting board
This Avocado Keto Recipe is an easy-to-make snack or appetizer that’s perfect for vegetarians following a ketogenic diet. Creamy and flavorful, it’s a must-try for avocado lovers looking for new ways to enjoy this nutrient-dense fruit!
Are avocados keto-friendly?
Yes, avocados are a great option for those following a ketogenic (keto) diet. They are high in healthy fats and low in carbs, making them a perfect addition to many keto recipes.
What is the best way to store avocado?
To preserve the freshness of ripe avocados, it is recommended to store them in the refrigerator where they can last up to 5 days. If you have an unripe avocado, you can speed up the ripening process by placing it in a paper bag with an apple or banana at room temperature.
Can I freeze avocado for later use?
Yes, you can freeze avocados! Simply cut them into slices or mash them into a pulp and place them in an air-tight container or freezer bag. Frozen avocados work well as additions to smoothies or as ingredients in dips and spreads when thawed.