Are you looking for some quick and easy vegetarian recipes to add to your weeknight meal rotation? Look no further! In this guide, we’ve rounded up 15 delicious and simple dishes that are perfect for busy nights. Whether you’re a seasoned vegetarian or just looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet, these recipes will not disappoint.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These recipes are all vegetarian, making them ideal for those following a plant-based diet.
- They’re quick and easy, perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen.
- Most of these dishes are also easily customizable, so feel free to swap out ingredients based on what you have on hand or your personal preferences.
Each recipe has its own unique list of ingredients. Check out the linked recipe pages below for full ingredient lists.
- One Pot Spicy Thai Noodles
- Mushroom Stroganoff
- Chickpea Curry with Rice
- Lentil Soup
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
- Vegan Quesadillas with Hummus & Vegetables
- Roasted Vegetable Grain Bowls with Kale Pesto
- Simple Fried Rice
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
10.Vegan Potato Cakes stuffed with Mushrooms
11.Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
12.Baked Mac & Cheese
15.Chickpea Salad Sandwich
How To Make This Recipe
Each recipe has its own set of detailed instructions that can be found on the linked recipe pages below:
1.One Pot Spicy Thai Noodles: https://AddM3.com/2016/03/01/one-pot-spicy-thai-noodles/
2.Mushroom Stroganoff: https://AddM3.com/2011/01/31/meatless-monday-mushroom-stroganoff-vegan/
3.Chickpea Curry with Rice: https://AddM3.com/2018/11/05/chickpea-curry-with-rice/
4.Lentil Soup: https://AddM3.com/2016/03/07/golden-red-lentil-soup-one-pot-meal/
5.Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai: https://AddM3.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6065039
6.Vegan Quesadillas with Hummus & Vegetables:https://AddM3.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6037360
7.Roasted Vegetable Grain Bowls with Kale Pesto:https://AddM3.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6087507
8.Simple Fried Rice :https://www.acouplecooks.com/simple-fried-rice-vegetarian/
9.Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas :https://cookieandkate.com/sweet-potato-black-bean-enchiladas/
10.Vegan Potato Cakes stuffed with Mushrooms:
– Boil 250g of potatoes and mash them.
– Sauté 200 grams of sliced mushrooms, onion and garlic until they are cooked. Add salt, pepper (to taste), and a pinch of thyme leaves.
– Form the mashed potato into small patties. Spoon some mushroom mixture onto one patty, then top it off with another patty to create a sandwich-like structure.
– Heat up some oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry each side for about 3 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
11.Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings :https://www.delish.com/uk/cooking/recipes/a30995009/buffalo-cauliflower-bites/
12.Baked Mac & Cheese :https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-green-chili-mac-n-cheese/
13.Lentil Bolognese: https://www.delishknowledge.com/lentil-bolognese/
14.Zucchini Ravioli :https://minimalistbaker.com/zucchini-ravioli-vegan-gf/
15.Chickpea Salad Sandwich: https://AddM3.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6026938
Cooking time and temperature guidelines
Each recipe has its own cooking time, as well as instructions on how to cook the dish. Be sure to check out the linked recipe pages for more information.
- Experiment with different vegetables and seasonings to create your own unique version of these dishes.
- If you’re short on time, prep some of the ingredients in advance (such as chopping vegetables or boiling potatoes) so that assembly is quicker when it’s time to cook.
- Some of these recipes can be made in large batches and frozen for later use – perfect for meal planning!
Most of these recipes can be seasoned according to your personal taste preferences. Feel free to adjust salt levels, add additional spices or herbs, or switch up other flavor components like hot sauce or lemon juice.
Here are a few tips that apply across many of these recipes:
– Make sure all ingredients are prepped before starting each recipe
– Use canned beans instead of dried ones for quicker preparation
– Swap fresh vegetables with frozen options during off-seasons
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe
The following kitchen tools may come in handy when making some of these recipes:
– A high-speed blender (for kale pesto)
– A food processor (for making hummus or slicing mushrooms)
– A rice cooker (for perfectly cooked rice every time)
To Sum Up
These 15 quick and easy vegetarian recipes are perfect for busy weeknights. Not only are they healthy and delicious, but most of them can also be customized to your liking. So why not give one (or more!) of these dishes a try – you may just find a new favorite!
Q: Are these vegetarian recipes suitable for vegan diets as well?
A: Yes, all of the recipes on this list are vegetarian and can be easily made vegan by substituting any dairy or egg products with plant-based alternatives. For example, you can use almond milk or soy milk instead of regular cow’s milk in the recipe for Creamy Tomato Soup.
Q: Can I use frozen vegetables in these recipes?
A: While fresh vegetables may offer slightly better flavor and texture, frozen vegetables can work just as well in most of these quick and easy weeknight meals. In fact, using frozen veggies can save time on preparation and make meal planning easier. Just be sure to thaw them out thoroughly before cooking to avoid excess moisture.
Q: Can I meal prep these dishes ahead of time?
A: Absolutely! Most of the recipes on this list are great candidates for meal prepping because they’re quick to make and reheat well. You could prepare a big batch of Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa Bake over the weekend and portion it out into containers for an easy grab-and-go lunch during the busy workweek. Or you could chop up all the veggies needed for Stir-Fry Noodles with Peanut Sauce ahead of time so that making dinner is a breeze when you get home from work.