Are you looking for delicious and healthy vegetarian dinner recipes? Look no further than these low-calorie Indian recipes that are packed with flavor and nutrients.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Rinse the brown rice in cold water and drain.
- Add the rinsed brown rice and two cups of water into a pot or saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Simmer for approximately half an hour or until tender.
- While the rice is cooking, add olive oil to another saucepan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add diced onions and minced garlic into the pan until onions become translucent.
- Sprinkle cumin, turmeric powder salt & black pepper on top of it; stir well.
9.Add vegetables you like such as carrots or peas (optional)
10.After Rice cooked serve Hot with Gravy/sabzi/ tofu bowl salad topping
- Adding different types of veggies can be fun – try adding carrots or peas!
- Experiment with different spices based on your preference – paprika adds depth without too much heat.
Sprinkle some chaat masala seasoning or garam masala if desired.
To sum up: This quick and easy recipe is perfect for a healthy and satisfying dinner. The combination of brown rice and Indian spices creates a low-calorie, flavorful dish that is sure to become a household favorite.
Q: Are these low-calorie Indian vegetarian dinner recipes suitable for weight loss?
A: Yes, these low-calorie Indian vegetarian dinner recipes can be a great addition to a weight loss diet. They use wholesome ingredients and focus on using spices and herbs for flavor rather than unhealthy fats or sugars. It’s important to note that just because these dishes are lower in calories, portions sizes still need to be kept in check along with overall calorie intake throughout the day.
Q: Can I make adjustments to the recipe based on my dietary preferences?
A: Absolutely! Many of these low-calorie Indian vegetarian dinner recipes can be easily customized based on your dietary needs and personal preferences. For example, you can swap out certain vegetables or increase/decrease spice levels as desired.
Q: How long do these recipes take to prepare?
A: Most of these low-calorie Indian vegetarian dinner recipes should take between 30-60 minutes from start to finish, making them perfect for busy weeknights. Some may require more time if preparing rice or soaking lentils, but overall they are relatively quick and easy to make.