Are you looking for quick and easy vegetarian meals to prepare on busy weeknights? These one-pot potato recipes are perfect! They require minimal prep work, use simple ingredients, and are ready in no time. Plus, they’re delicious and satisfying – even meat-eaters will love them!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy to make
- Minimal prep work required
- Simple ingredients
- Perfect for busy weeknights
- Potatoes (of your choice)
- Various vegetables (such as onion, garlic, bell pepper, broccoli etc.)
- Vegetable broth or water
- Spices (to your taste)
How To Make This Recipe
- Begin by washing the potatoes and chopping them into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat some oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Once hot add the chopped onions along with any other veggies of your choosing such as garlic or bell peppers.
- Cook until softened for around five minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the bite-sized chopped potatoes to the pot along with vegetable broth or water enough to cover all of it evenly by an inch or so..
- Now stir in spices like salt & pepper according to preference.
- Cover with a lid that fits well and simmer everything together over low-medium heat until tender about 15–20 minutes shaking occasionally.
Cooking Time And Temperature Guidelines
Cooking time varies depending on which recipe is being used but these one-pot potato recipes aim at parboiling first then finishing off completely when covered with lid without stirring too much where you can consider below guidelines:
About 12−18 minutes on high flame should suffice.
2) Finish cooking:
When cooked on low-medium flame, 15–20 minutes should suffice.
My Pro Tips
- Use fresh vegetables for optimal taste and nutrition.
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces to ensure even cooking.
- Choose spices that complement your tastebuds.
- Adding a bay leaf can also enhance the flavor of the dish.
If you’re looking to add some extra kick or variation to your one-pot potato recipe, consider adding one or more of these seasoning options:
1) Italian seasoning
2) Cumin powder
3) Curry powder
1) After simmering, let stand covered for several minutes allowing some steam to escape making it an easy-to-eat dish without waterlogging each piece all while still keeping them fork-tender and flavorful.
2) Stir occasionally and make sure there is enough liquid in the pot throughout cooking process so everything cooks evenly without any ingredient burning underneath!
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe:
Large pot with lid
To Sum Up: The biggest takeaway from these recipes is how quick and easy they are to make. With minimal prep work and simple ingredients, they’re perfect for busy weeknights when time is short but hunger pangs are high!
Can these recipes be made vegan?
Yes, all the recipes in this collection of one-pot potato recipes on AddM3 are already vegetarian and can easily be made vegan by substituting dairy-based ingredients (such as butter, cheese or cream) with plant-based alternatives like vegan margarine, nut milk or coconut cream.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Many of the one-pot potato dishes on AddM3 can be prepared in advance to save time on busy weeknights. However, some dishes may require minor adjustments upon reheating (such as adding a splash of water or an extra dollop of seasoning), so it’s best to check the recipe notes for any tips specific to each dish.
Can I freeze these one-pot potato meals?
Most of the one-pot potato meals featured on AddM3 are freezer-friendly and can be great options for meal-prep and make-ahead dinners. However, not all ingredients hold up well after being frozen (like leafy greens or fresh herbs), so it’s important to read through the recipe instructions carefully and consider what modifications may need to be made before freezing leftovers.