Are you in the mood for a warm, satisfying meal that’s also healthy and delicious? Look no further than this vegetarian cabbage soup recipe! Packed with flavorful vegetables and warming spices, it’s the perfect comfort food for any time of year.
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- One can crushed tomatoes (14oz)
- Salt to taste
Optional: Fresh parsley or lemon juice as garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onions until softened.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in carrots and celery; cook for another few minutes until slightly softened.
- Add cabbage to the pot along with the vegetable broth, canned tomatoes salt mixture.
- Bring everything to a boil then reduce the heat to low Covering partially allowing it to simmer about half an hour or so.The longer you let it simmer on low flame,the more flavorful the soup becomes.
Cooking Time And Temperature Guidelines:
Cooking time: Approximately half an hour under simmering after boiling
Temperature: Medium heat when cooking vegetables，low flame for soups afterwards.
- Don’t skimp on cooking time – allow enough time while simmering so all flavors are properly combined.
- Serve with toasted bread or crackers on top Nice crunch adds great texture contrasts.
The beauty of this recipe is that it lends itself well to customization– make sure dish is adjusted according to your taste buds!
Here are some options:
* For extra spice,sprinkle paprika or cayenne pepper into the soup during the final minutes of cooking.
* For richness,add a dollop of sour cream or yogurt on Soup , just before serving.
* A squeeze lemon juice can be added over it giving you a little extra tang and Vitamin C.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
- Large pot with lid
- Chopping board and knife
- Can opener
To sum up:
This vegetarian cabbage soup recipe is the ultimate comforting dish for any day of the week. It’s packed with wholesome veggies, warming spices, and tons of flavor– perfect for vegetarians or anyone looking to add more plant-based meals into their diet!
Q1. How many servings does this recipe make?
A: This recipe makes about 6-8 servings depending on the serving size.
Q2. Can I freeze the leftovers?
A: Yes, you can freeze the leftovers of this vegetarian cabbage soup. Once it has cooled to room temperature, transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and then heat it in a pot over medium-low heat until completely heated through.
Q3. Can I customize the recipe by adding other vegetables or spices?
A: Absolutely! You can customize this vegetarian cabbage soup according to your taste preferences by adding different vegetables or spices. For example, you could add some sliced carrots or zucchini for extra color and nutrients or some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper for extra heat and flavor. Just keep in mind that some additions may change the texture or cooking time of the soup.