Looking for a quick weeknight dinner that’s also vegetarian? Look no further than this easy pancit recipe! Made with rice noodles, vegetables, and flavorful seasonings, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 8 oz. rice noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (carrots, cabbage, bell peppers)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soy sauce or tamari to taste
- Green onions for garnish
- Soak noodles in boiling water until softened.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion; sauté until fragrant.
- Add vegetables; stir-fry until cooked through.
- Add salt, pepper and soy sauce/tamari .
- Drain noodles well then add them into the mixture until evenly coated with the seasoning.
- Garnish with green onions before serving.
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines:
This pancit recipe takes around 30 minutes from start to finish on the stovetop at medium-high heat.
- Soaking your rice noodle should take about ten minutes-not more or less-, so make sure you set your timer whilst soaking up your rice noodle to avoid leaving it too long as it turns mushy when over-soaked.
2.You can add meat substitutes like tofu or seitan if you wish but make sure they are cut into small portions that will cook quickly without overpowering the flavors of the dish.
3.It’s best served hot!
Feel free to add more spices such as red pepper flakes or ginger powder according to personal preference!
If you like it tangier: squeeze some lemon or lime juice before serving.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
- Large pot for boiling water
- Saucepan or wok
- Serving bowl
To Sum Up: This quick and easy vegetarian pancit recipe is a great weeknight dinner option that will satisfy everyone’s cravings. With its simple yet flavorful combination of rice noodles, mixed vegetables, and soy sauce/tamari seasoning, it’s sure to become a family favorite in no time!
What is pancit and how do you prepare it?
Pancit is a Filipino noodle dish that typically includes vegetables, meat or seafood, and noodles. To prepare pancit, sauté onions and garlic in a pan until fragrant, then add your protein of choice (if using) along with thinly sliced vegetables such as cabbage or carrots. Once the vegetables have wilted slightly, add the cooked noodles to the pan along with some soy sauce or other seasonings to taste.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes! To make this recipe vegan-friendly, simply omit any animal-based ingredients such as fish sauce or chicken broth and substitute them with vegetable broth instead. You can also use tofu or another plant-based protein instead of eggs if desired.
Is it possible to customize this recipe based on my preferences?
Absolutely! One great thing about pancit is that it’s very versatile and adaptable based on personal preference or what you have on hand in your pantry/fridge. You could swap out the veggies for whatever you prefer (such as bell peppers, snap peas, or bean sprouts). Additionally, you could adjust the spice level by adding more red pepper flakes or sriracha sauce if desired. If you’re feeling adventurous, try experimenting with different types of noodles such as soba noodles or rice vermicelli to give it a unique twist!