Looking for a delicious and nutritious vegetarian soup recipe? Look no further than this luscious lentil soup! Packed with protein, fiber, and vegetables, it’s the perfect choice for a cozy meal on a chilly day. Here’s what you need to know:
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s hearty and filling, thanks to the lentils.
- It’s versatile – you can use whatever veggies you have on hand.
- It freezes well – make a big batch and freeze some for later.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this soup:
– Olive oil
– Butternut squash
_ Green beans (frozen)
_ Vegetable broth
_ Diced tomatoes
Don’t worry if your vegetable selection varies from above; feel free to swap in other veggies depending on what’s available.
How To Make This Recipe
- Start by rinsing 2 cups of green or brown lentils in cold water, then cook per package instructions until soft.
- While the lentils cook heat up olive oil in your soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onions and garlic into the pot; stir occasionally until they become tender(about 5 minutes).
- Then add sliced carrots,celery,broccoli,butternut squash meantime stirring gently so that nothing sticks to the bottom of your pan.
- Throw-In diced tomatoes(be sure not drain them),green beans along with its juice from frozen would do just fine.
- Now pour in vegetable broth which acts as one best replacement all-day water seasoning mix but instead helps bind each ingredient seamlessly together bringing forth more flavor-rich taste than using plain old boring H20(water)Helpful tip: Vegetable broth can easily be made with the leftovers of vegetable peels from your fridge.
- Simmer at low heat for about 20 or so minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add desired seasonings to taste(make sure you don’t forget salt).
- Serve hot and enjoy healthy, hearty vegetarian soup.
Cooking time and temperature guidelines
This recipe takes approximately 40-50 minutes to cook, although that may vary depending on the type and quantity of vegetables used in the recipe.
- Use freshly-minced garlic for maximum flavor.
- Don’t overcook the lentils – they should be soft but not mushy.
- Freeze any leftovers in single-serving portions for an easy meal option later on.
Feel free to experiment with different seasonings depending on your preferences! Some options include paprika, cumin, thyme or rosemary.
For best results:
– Rinse lentils thoroughly before cooking
– Do not drain diced tomatoes
_ Make use of vegetable one best seasoning mix instead H2O(water) by using homemade vegetable broth
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
Knife & cutting board
To sum Up:
This luscious lentil soup is a delicious and nutritious vegetarian dish that’s perfect for chilly days. Packed with protein, fiber, and veggies (use whichever ones you prefer!), it’s easy to make and freezes well too – giving you plenty of tasty meals down the road!
Q1. Can I freeze this lentil soup?
A1. Yes, you can definitely freeze the lentil soup. Allow it to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container and freezing for up to 4 months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then heat on the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through.
Q2. Can I make this lentil soup without a blender?
A2. While blending some of the soup gives it a creamy texture, you can certainly skip that step if you prefer a chunkier soup or do not have a blender available to use. Simply leave all ingredients as they are and cook according to instructions.
Q3. What should I serve with this lentil soup?
A3.There are many options that would pair well with Luscious Lentil Soup! Some ideas include crusty bread or crackers, a green salad dressed with vinaigrette or lemon juice, roasted vegetables (e.g., cauliflower, Brussels sprouts), or baked sweet potato wedges.
I hope these help!