If you’re looking for plant-based meal inspiration, look no further than chef Gordon Ramsay’s vegetarian recipes. His take on meat-free dishes is mouthwatering and flavorful, making them perfect for vegans and vegetarians alike.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms (crimini or shiitake), sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- ? cup dry white wine
- 3 cups vegetable stock or water
- ? cup heavy cream
- Fresh parsley or chives, chopped (optional)
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onion with salt and pepper until softened.
- Add garlic until fragrant before adding the mushrooms along with a pinch of salt.
- Fry the mushroom mixture without stirring until it starts to brown on one side.
- Stir occasionally then add thyme after about three minutes of frying time.
- Continue cooking while stirring regularly until most of the liquid has evaporated from your pot but not all!
- Deglaze your pan by adding white wine to lift up any bits that have stuck onto its surface; cook over high heat just long enough turn white wine into syrup consistency approx two minutes as you stir constantly so nothing sticks around bottom edges where burnt flavors could develop! Lower flame down again immediately after completing this step otherwise alcohol will vaporize without getting essentializing flavors out yet ruining our recipe altogether at temperatures high above boiling point…
- Pour in vegetable stock allowing ingredients to come up temperture together atleast once before reducing down slightly & simmering gently anywhere from half hour up to an hour until desired thickness and texture is achieved.
- Puree soup in a blender or food processor in batches or use an immersion blender, making it smooth as possible
- Return to pot, pour back into the pot on top of heat source that’s already low just enough for simmering without boiling over & stir through heavy cream before adjusting salt/pepper seasoning accordingly then garnishing with parsley/chives before serving!
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Use mushroom varieties such as crimini or shiitake for more umami flavor.
- To thicken the soup, allow it to simmer gently until desired thickness and texture is achieved.
- Make sure your pan is hot enough when cooking the mushrooms so they brown properly.
Adjust salt and pepper levels according to taste.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
A Dutch oven or large pot that can hold at least six quarts of liquid will make cooking this recipe easier. An immersion blender also helps create a smoother consistency.
Gordon Ramsay’s vegetarian mushroom soup highlights how simple ingredients like onions, mushrooms, garlic, vegetable stock can be transformed into a richly flavored soup by carefully layering flavors together.
How many vegetarian recipes does the book include?
Answer: The book includes over 100 delicious vegetarian recipes created by acclaimed chef Gordon Ramsay.
Are the ingredients used in the book easy to find?
Answer: Yes, most of the ingredients used in the recipes are easy to find at your local grocery store or farmers’ market. In some cases where a specific ingredient may be harder to find, Gordon Ramsay provides substitution suggestions so that you can still enjoy the recipe with a different ingredient.
Can non-vegetarians benefit from this cookbook?
Answer: Absolutely! While this cookbook is aimed mainly toward vegetarians and those who want to incorporate more plant-based meals into their diet, non-vegetarians can certainly benefit from it as well. The unique flavor combinations and creative use of vegetables will surely inspire anyone looking for new meal ideas.